Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Teraterm Default Config

I'm particularly fond of TeraTerm, not that I don't love PuTTY or whatever other tool you choose to use. 

I'm always looking for a little extra efficiency in my tools so that when I open them, they have the settings I'm using most of the time.  
PuTTY very kindly lets you save Profiles to choose from for your favorite projects - but not many other options.
So - for my serial monitoring purposes, I create a default setting that I commonly use - and copy that into the default TeraTerm INI file.


First configure your settings:
TeraTerm -> Setup -> Serial

Setup -> Terminal
Local Echo means you can "see" what you type in the console

Setup -> Save Setup

Save the INI file wherever you'd like

Locate your TERATERM.INI file:

You may opt to copy this file to keep as a backup.

Open TERATERM.INI in your favorite editor (Notepad, Notepad++, VSCode...)

Copy your New profile code into the TERATERM.INI file.

Save

Next time you open TeraTerm - you'll open to your selected settings.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment